programs and services
CAF’s Asset Building Program provides education to help individuals, families, and communities gather the resources that will move them towards economic wellbeing.
Select the service (s) you want to receive:
1) First Time Home Buyer Class
2) Other Services
Fill in the general information and then select the other service (s) you would like to receive
CLAUSES / CLÁUSULAS
I, authorize Centro De Apoyo Familiar (CAF) to provide me with Homeownership Counseling , and pull my credit report after which I will receive a written action plan that will include recommendations for managing my finances as well as the possibility of being referred to other agencies if appropriate.
Additionally, I give authorization to conduct a follow-up on my case.
I understand that (CAF) provides financial capability counseling/coaching after which I will receive a written action plan consisting of recommendations for handling my finances, possibly including referrals to other agencies as appropriate.
I understand that (CAF) submits client-level information relating to the Project Reinvest: Financial Capability grant to the NeighborWorks America Data Collection System (DCS), opens files to be reviewed for program monitoring and compliance purposes, and conducts follow-up with clients related to program evaluation. I understand that I may opt-out of this requirement, but proof of this opt-out must be recorded in my client file. I give permission for Project Reinvest: Financial Capability program administrators and/or their agents to follow-up with me within the next three years for the purposes of program evaluation.
I may be referred to other services of the organization, another agency or agencies as appropriate that may be able to assist with particular concerns that have been identified. I understand that I am not obligated to use any of the services offered to me. Counselor may answer questions and provide information, but not give legal advice. If I want legal advice, I will be referred for appropriate assistance.
This form certifies that the client understands that services rendered by Centro de Apoyo Familiar are only counseling services. The client is required to pledge full cooperation with the counselor to resolve his/her case in a timely manner by providing all of the required documentation
I/We hereby certify that the information provided in this intake application for counseling services is true and correct as of today’s date. I understand that providing false information may result in an immediate termination of my case with no resolution rendered.
1 / We acknowledge and grant authorization to verify my/our income sources, credit history, employment earnings, and any other assets. Accordingly, I hereby authorize to order a consumer credit report (for which there is a one-time fee per applicant for a merged report). I authorize my permission to discuss the above mentioned personnel information with representatives of any agencies in assisting me with purchasing a home and/or seeking a solution to my mortgage and housing issues.
I /We understand that the staff providing counseling services will not:
• Break their pledge of confidentiality;
• Accept fees for the services they recommend;
• Recommend services in which they have a financial interest;
• Terminate their counseling relationship without giving the reasons for such action;
• Give legal advice or interpret legal documents;
• Be held responsible for any claims, damages, liabilities or injuries arising from counseling services.
CAF is not responsible for if any reason I/We are not eligible for any grants, home purchase and/or mortgage approval. In addition, the signing of this agreement does not constitute a commitment to provide financing.
By signing this form, I/We declare that I/We have read and understood the terms and condition of this disclaimer form.
We at the Housing Counseling Agency value your trust and are committed to the responsible management, use and protection of personal information. This notice describes our policy regarding the collection and disclosure of personal information. Personal information, as used in this notice, means information that identifies an individual personally and is not otherwise publicly available information. It includes personal financial information such as credit history, income, employment history, financial assets, bank account information and financial debts. It also includes your social security number and other information that you have provided us on any applications or forms that you have completed.
Information We Collect
We collect personal information to support our housing counseling program and to aid you in shopping for and obtaining a home mortgage from a conventional lender. We collect personal information about you from the following sources:
• Information that we receive from you on applications or other forms,
• Information about your transactions with us, our affiliates or others,
• Information we receive from a consumer reporting agency, and
• Information that we receive from personal and employment references.
Information We Disclose
We may disclose the following kinds of personal information about you:
• Information we receive from you on applications or other forms, such as your name, address, social security number, employer, occupation, assets, debts and income;
• Information about your transactions with us, our affiliates or others, such as your account balance, payment history and parties to your transactions; and
• Information we receive from a consumer reporting agency, such as your credit bureau reports, your credit history and your creditworthiness.
To Whom Do We Disclose
We may disclose your personal information to the following types of unaffiliated third parties:
• Financial service providers, such as companies engaged in providing home mortgage or home equity loans,
• Others, such as nonprofit organizations involved in community development, but only for program review, auditing, research and oversight purposes.
We may also disclose personal information about you to third parties as permitted by law.
Prior to sharing personal information with unaffiliated third parties, except as described in this policy, we will give you an opportunity to direct that such information not be disclosed.
Confidentiality and Security
We restrict access to personal information about you to those of our employees who need to know that information to provide products and services to you and to help them do their jobs, including underwriting and servicing of loans, making loan decisions, aiding you in obtaining loans from others, and financial counseling. We maintain physical and electronic security procedures to safeguard the confidentiality and integrity of personal information in our possession and to guard against unauthorized access. We use locked files, user authentication and detection software to protect your information. Our safeguards comply with federal regulations to guard your personal information directing Us Not to Make Disclosures to Unaffiliated Third Parties
If you prefer that we not disclose personal information about you to unaffiliated third parties, you may opt out of those disclosures, that is, you may direct us not to make those disclosures (other than disclosures permitted by law).
• If you wish to opt out of disclosures to unaffiliated third parties other than nonprofit organizations involved in community development, you may check Box 1 on the attached Privacy Choices Form.
• If you wish to opt out of disclosures to nonprofit organizations involved in community development that are used only for program review, auditing, research and oversight purposes, you may check Box 2 on the attached Privacy Choices Form.
PRIVACY CHOICES FORM
If you want to opt out, that is direct us not to make disclosures about your personal information (other than disclosures permitted by law) as described in this notice, check the box or boxes below to indicate your privacy choices. Then send this form to the address listed below.
□ Box 1 – Limit disclosure of personal information about me to unaffiliated third parties other than
Nonprofit organizations involved in community development.
□ Box 2 – Limit disclosure of personal information about me to nonprofit organizations involved in
Community development that are used only for program review, auditing, research and